incubator-general mailing list archives

From Justin Mclean <justinmcl...@me.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Kylin-0.7.1-incubating
Date Sun, 31 May 2015 22:21:13 GMT
Hi,

> Please refer to *TrieDictionaryTest* class for more detail about how to generate and
used for test.

It seem the line(s) in question to load that dictionary are comment out.
	// InputStream is =
	// Util.getPackageResourceAsStream(TrieDictionaryTest.class,
	// "eng_com.dic");

My question is where did the original data in the file come from? For context - a lot of dictionaries
(while they may just be list of words) are in fact licensed and protected by copyright and
it may be that this list came from something whose license is not comparable with the Apache
license.

Given that it does’t seem to be used perhaps it best to remove the file if it is unclear
or unknown what it's source was?

Thanks,
Justin