incubator-general mailing list archives

From Jacopo Cappellato <jacopo.cappell...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Freemarker Incubation proposal
Date Fri, 22 May 2015 17:57:40 GMT
On May 22, 2015, at 7:31 PM, Daniel Dekany <ddekany@freemail.hu> wrote:

> Can the requirements for getting out from incubation successfully be
> quantified? For the kind of project like this?

I think that what Ted was referring to, when he mentioned "the voting requirements", is that
a top level project, in order to operate properly and being able to publish releases, needs
at least 3 positive votes from its PMC members.
Freemarker will definitely need to build a group of committers and PMC membesr and in my opinion
the Incubator is the right place to be to build an healthy, even if small, community. And
this is probably the only real challenge, and an exciting one, that this project will have
to face in order to successfully graduate out of incubation.

Regards,

Jacopo