incubator-general mailing list archives

From Ralph Goers <ralph.go...@dslextreme.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Freemarker Incubation proposal
Date Fri, 22 May 2015 00:44:03 GMT
I used to use Apache Velocity. However, it hasn’t had a release since 2010 and the overall
project activity has been minimal for years. As a consequence of that, and a feature that
was missing, I recently switched to using Freemarker for some templating work I needed to
do. The only reason I mention Velocity is I am wondering what relationship these two projects
should have, if any.  I am also concerned that if interest in development of Freemarker is
decreasing is it going to suffer the same fate?  I guess what I am wondering is if there is
some way these two communities and/or technologies could combine?

FWIW, I’d be happy to mentor this project. If I had the time I know I’d want to commit,
but that has been in extremely short supply of late.

Ralph