incubator-general mailing list archives

From Justin Erenkrantz <jus...@erenkrantz.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Geode Incubation proposal
Date Mon, 13 Apr 2015 19:25:26 GMT
On Mon, Apr 13, 2015 at 3:20 PM, Ross Gardler (MS OPEN TECH)
<Ross.Gardler@microsoft.com> wrote:
> If I understand the response below correctly you misspoke when you said there were "export"
issues. That in fact there is no related export restriction, it's actually about the licensing
issue. If that's the case then the proposal is correct in not highlighting these issues -
thanks for clarifying that.

> I replied to the third part in response to Bill's question. However, to be sure my point
gets across. Now that you have confirmed there are in fact no export restrictions then I have
no problem with the proposal. However, I'd still like to be able to evaluate the code and
to do so I would need to know what I'm agreeing to under the evaluation license.

FWIW, the clickthrough license et al worked for me on my Mac with Chrome.

Inspecting the code will be a lot easier once the proposal is accepted
and we can import the code under ALv2 into our repositories.

*grin*  -- justin