incubator-general mailing list archives

From jan i <j...@apache.org>
Subject Re: IP Clearance Questions
Date Wed, 08 Apr 2015 14:05:04 GMT
On Wednesday, April 8, 2015, Niclas Hedhman <niclas@hedhman.org> wrote:

> I would like to bring this question up again. BLOCKER.
>
> The http://incubator.apache.org/ip-clearance/ip-clearance-template.html
> document states that
>
> <quote>
> *Note:* the grant form *must* be acknowledged before continuing. If the
> source is referenced by checksum in the grant, commit the canonical tarball
> for the donated code into the incubator drop area
> (/repos/asf/incubator/donations) together with a checksum and a detached
> signature. This will ensure that apache has a legal record of the grant.
> </quote>
>
> which means that no one can complete this, without the "drop area", unless
> there is a new process and this document is out of date.

why do you see the "donations" dir as a problem?

But even so In Corinthia we bended the rules and imported directly into out
git repo. This
still ensures a record == initial commit.

The important message here is that ASF must acknowledge the grant before it
comes into
any of our repos.

just my opinion, I am not the legal expert
jan i