incubator-general mailing list archives

From Greg Stein <gst...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Whimsy PMC
Date Tue, 28 Apr 2015 20:17:24 GMT
On Tue, Apr 28, 2015 at 11:57 AM, Roman Shaposhnik <roman@shaposhnik.org>
wrote:

> In case you're curious -- I'd ask the same question, for example,
> about a community
> that decided to produce software that is be only applicable as an add-on
> for a small market share commercial offering.

The Foundation does not care about a project's market size. If a
*community* wants to be part of the ASF, then they are welcome. The
maturity of their codebase, the size of it, the language, whether 1 person
uses it, or 1 million use it. We are interested in supporting communities,
not cherry-picking "successful" projects (by whatever definition you may
care to use to define "success").

Cheers,
-g