incubator-general mailing list archives

From Roman Shaposhnik <ro...@shaposhnik.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Geode Incubation proposal
Date Mon, 13 Apr 2015 05:38:14 GMT
On Sun, Apr 12, 2015 at 10:15 PM, Ross Gardler (MS OPEN TECH)
<Ross.Gardler@microsoft.com> wrote:
> Pivotal are asking me to agree to an "evaluation license" which I cannot view before
I sign up.
> So I have to review the privacy policy first.

This must be a bug in your browser. What OS/Browser are you using?

The text of the license is also available in a separate file under the
name "Evaluation License":
    https://network.pivotal.io/products/project-geode

> Most importantly, the "export and license obligations" you mention are something that
> have to go away before we can accept the project (or more accurately before it can graduate).
> Since I can't evaluate the code or the license I have no way of evaluating whether this
is possible.

> There is no mention of such an item under "known risks" or the "crypotography" section
of the proposal
> so what's this "export" stuff about (assuming the license thing is the evaluation license)?

Sorry for not being more explicit: this is just how Pivotal
distribution network works.
And we have to use it in this particular case in order to guarantee
that the evaluation
license has been explicitly acknowledged (as opposed to just being there in a
tarball). All these constraints has nothing to do with the source code itself.

> Given the points above I do not see how I can evaluate this proposal in its current form.

I see that Bill has asked the question that I wanted to ask here, so
I'll let you reply in that
part of the thread.

Thanks,
Roman.