incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Ross Gardler (MS OPEN TECH)" <Ross.Gard...@microsoft.com>
Subject RE: [DISCUSS] Whimsy PMC
Date Tue, 28 Apr 2015 17:08:26 GMT
Sam, I don't *want* the role, but if you want one less task to do each month I'd be happy to
take on the chair role.

If someone actually *wants* the role then let them take it.

Ross

-----Original Message-----
From: sa3ruby@gmail.com [mailto:sa3ruby@gmail.com] On Behalf Of Sam Ruby
Sent: Tuesday, April 28, 2015 10:04 AM
To: general@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: [DISCUSS] Whimsy PMC

On Tue, Apr 28, 2015 at 12:08 PM, Ross Gardler (MS OPEN TECH) <Ross.Gardler@microsoft.com>
wrote:

> As for going straight to TLP I agree. Sam did say this was a possibility but I believe
he (rightly so) wants to ensure that the proposal is solid before asking the board and IPMC
to consider this path.

Suffice it to say that the response has exceeded my expectations.  My plans now are to add
a resolution to the May agenda unless somebody identifies a problem that needs to be addressed.
 Meanwhile, two items that need attention:

1) podling name search.  I've opened
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/PODLINGNAMESEARCH-75.  I don't see a problem.  If others
do, please speak up.

2) naming of a chair.  If anybody wants that position, please speak up.  If nobody does, I'll
put my name down.

- Sam Ruby