incubator-general mailing list archives

From Marko Rodriguez <okramma...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Apache TinkerPop 3.0.0.M8-incubating Release (Part Deux)
Date Wed, 22 Apr 2015 14:09:46 GMT
Hello,

Thanks for voting Justin. Appreciate it.

> - I'm still not sure of the reason why some of the artefacts are named gremlin rather
than tinkerpop

TinkerPop is the project as a whole. Within TinkerPop, there are various components.

	gremlin-core
	gremlin-groovy
	hadoop-gremlin (vendor product name first is the pattern -- e.g. neo4j-gremlin, titan-gremlin,
etc.)
	tinkergraph-gremlin (vendor product name first -- though the vendor is TinkerPop!)
	gremlin-server
	gremlin-console
	gremlin-driver
	gremlin-test
	…

There are only two "downloadable" artifacts that someone would download and execute a "bin/start.sh"
-- GremlinServer and GremlinConsole. All the other components are APIs or "plugins" downloaded/installed
via an :install command from either GremlinServer or GremlinConsole.

Hope that is clear.

Thanks,
Marko.

http://markorodriguez.com