incubator-general mailing list archives

From Rich Bowen <rbo...@rcbowen.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Whimsy PMC
Date Tue, 28 Apr 2015 12:47:08 GMT

On 04/27/2015 10:17 PM, Ross Gardler (MS OPEN TECH) wrote:
> +1, that's what I was trying to convey.

their duty *may* be to contribute software to $Project (wherever that may be).

> That is *very* distinct from paying a person to contribute directly to $ASFProject.

ok, you both make very good points. Let's be clear that these are the
reasons, and when this comes up again - the desire for the Foundation to
hire a developer to work on Apache Foo - we remember this distinction.

http://apachecon.com/ - @apachecon