incubator-general mailing list archives

From Rich Bowen <rbo...@rcbowen.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Whimsy PMC
Date Mon, 27 Apr 2015 19:25:42 GMT

On 04/23/2015 02:46 PM, Sam Ruby wrote:
> Initial sketch placed on the wiki:
>
> https://wiki.apache.org/incubator/WhimsyProposal
>
> Anyone who is so inclined is welcome to edit the proposal directly.
>
> No urgency or timeframe in mind (other than preferably starting sometime
> in 2015ish).  My current thinking is to follow in Steve's footprints and
> go directly to TLP, but I'm starting a discussion here (in Incubator) to
> see if there are any other thoughts on the matter.

I have a philosophical question, to add to David's rather more practical
one.

Our mission is "software for the public good". Whimsy is software for
the ASF's good. How does the public benefit from Whimsy? I can't imagine
a development path that would result in a release of Whimsy that anyone
outside of the ASF could derive any benefit from.

http://apachecon.com/ - @apachecon