incubator-general mailing list archives

From Ryan Blue <b...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Parquet MR (Incubating) 1.6.0 RC2
Date Fri, 17 Apr 2015 01:10:37 GMT
On 04/16/2015 02:08 PM, Justin Mclean wrote:
> Hi,
>
>> I'm curious about the problems you had with the install. As far as I know, the build
doesn't depend on PHP. Maybe this is something I had installed by default, but could you tell
us what error you ran into?

> It with installing and compiling thrift rather than parquet.
>
> First I got:
>   /Users/justinmclean/Downloads/ApacheParquet/apache-parquet-mr-1.6.0-incubating/thrift-0.7.0/install-sh:
Permission denied

When was it trying to run install-sh? During ./configure?

> Easily fixed via a chmod +x, then I got:
>
> /Users/justinmclean/Downloads/ApacheParquet/apache-parquet-mr-1.6.0-incubating/thrift-0.7.0/lib/php/src/ext/thrift_protocol/php_thrift_protocol.cpp:95:8:
error:
>        unknown type name 'function_entry'
> static function_entry thrift_protocol_functions[] = {
>
> The error is related to the PHP version as far as I can tell. I tried installing the
latest PHP version but had trouble pointing the build script at it and at that point I gave
up.

Sounds like we need to add --without-php to the list of configure flags.

> Thanks,
> Justin

rb

--