incubator-general mailing list archives

From Justin Mclean <jus...@classsoftware.com>
Subject Re: [IP Clearance] Flex Documentation for Apache Flex
Date Sun, 19 Apr 2015 01:36:47 GMT
Hi,

+0 (binding) until "No other license to the Adobe trademarks are granted.” issue is sorted,
then +1.

Currently this has this added to most (but not all pages):
"Adobe and Adobe Flash are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Adobe Systems Incorporated
in the United States and/or other countries and are used by permission from Adobe. No other
license to the Adobe trademarks are granted.”

A quick search shows other Adobe trademark in the text I assume that mean we would be unable
to use the content once donated? I not 100% sure of the implications here and other IPMC members
or Alex or Adobe Legal may also think this is a more serious issue, worth a -1 vote / that
it needs to be fixed before donation.

Examples:
- In flx_olapdatagrid_ol.html (e.g. ColdFusion, Dreamweaver and Illustrator)
- In flx_printing_pr.html (i.e. ColdFusion and JRun).
- IN flx_spark_dpcontrols_sdp.html (i.e. Director, Dreamweaver ColdFuison, Illustrator, PhotoShop)

This was from a quick scan of some of the files - grep could probably find others.

Just about everything else looks good and theres on obvious major issues (other than possibly
the trademark one above) I could find. Although this from a quick glance at several files,
I didn’t inspect every file and just scanned while sitting on a plane for a bit. I’d appreciate
it if someone else tooking a look.

Other minor issues I noticed, and these could be fixed post donation.
- Missing LICENSE file (but has NOTICE)
- There are references to Nokia phone models that probably need to be removed (fox_cellrenderer_cr,html,
flx_spark_effects_sf.html and possibly elsewhere).
- Missing some image content in flx_containers_intro_cn,html, flx_dpcontrols_dpc.html and
flx_using_states_us.html
- Inappropriate names in code sample in flx_controls_ctr.html (e.g. dreamgirl150).
- Use of trademark font names in flx_fonts_ft.html
- Looks like (modified) lines from the film Full Metal Jacket in flx_sparktextcontrols_stc.html

Although again Adobe Legal may have issue with the font and film trademarks and not think
these minor.

Would it be possible to get the missing images in the content added to the donation?

Also nothing to do with IP but is there a chance the donation could also include the code
samples as mxml/as files (as well as expending them inline) as that could be very useful to
users.

I also noticed a few references to a assets folder that is not included in the donation. Was
that removed for IP reasons?

Thanks,
Justin