incubator-general mailing list archives

From Justin Mclean <jus...@classsoftware.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Parquet MR (Incubating) 1.6.0 RC2
Date Thu, 16 Apr 2015 05:36:51 GMT
Hi,

This is a bit late so just take it as advice for the next release I would of voted +1 or +0.
More likely +0 as I was unable to compile the release.

- signatures and hashes correct
- LICENSE and NOTICE OK (but see below)
- the install instructions need o be improved
- no unexpected binaries
- all source code has Apache headers
- unable to compile form source

The install instruction are incomplete as they fail to mention chmod +x scripts and the version
of php required - a fair number of users are going to be unable to install by following the
instructions.

Minor issues:
- LICENSE includes a ASF Apache licensed software when there there no need [1]
- Year in NOTICE file incorrect and should be a range

Thanks,
Justin

1.http://www.apache.org/dev/licensing-howto.html#permissive-deps