incubator-general mailing list archives

From Justin Mclean <justinmcl...@me.com>
Subject Re: [RESULT][IP Clearance] Flex Documentation for Apache Flex
Date Mon, 27 Apr 2015 04:00:43 GMT
Hi,

Alex I have no idea what you discussed with Adobe legal so it would be better if you raised
it.

The issue is the "No other license to the Adobe trademarks are granted.” which probbably
means we can only use the trademarks initially listed by Adobe and I don’t think we can
change that list (from just Adobe and Adobe Flash) without going back and asking Adobe legal
for permission to add them. If we just add them then Apache could be in violation of use of
Adobe’s trademarks.

If "No other license to the Adobe trademarks are granted.” wasn’t there there would be
no issue. Note that this clause is not in Adobe's standard trademark attribution [1] (see
12 under general trademark guidelines).

Thanks,
Justin

1.  http://www.adobe.com/legal/permissions/trademarks.html <http://www.adobe.com/legal/permissions/trademarks.html>