incubator-general mailing list archives

From James Carman <ja...@carmanconsulting.com>
Subject Re: ICLA/CCLA/SGA guidelines for GitHub or multi-entity projects was: [Groovy] Next steps...
Date Thu, 26 Mar 2015 12:28:40 GMT
On Thu, Mar 26, 2015 at 8:22 AM, Bertrand Delacretaz
<bdelacretaz@apache.org> wrote:
> My view is that
>
> -All committers need an iCLA

I think that we can agree upon and nobody is refuting that.

> -Software that comes from outside the ASF needs to come with a software grant

This is the sticking point.  How many grants do we need?  Who files
them?  Can one person file one and say "I am speaking on behalf of the
entire team"?

> -cCLA is between people and their employers, the ASF only stores them

Again, I don't think this is under review either.  Perhaps I should
have not included them in the title, but the guidelines I'm asking for
need to include all of these documents.