incubator-general mailing list archives

From Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacre...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Vote ? was [DISCUSS] Groovy Incubation proposal
Date Tue, 17 Mar 2015 17:09:29 GMT
Hi,

On Tue, Mar 17, 2015 at 5:09 PM, Roman Shaposhnik <roman@shaposhnik.org> wrote:
> ...having seen some of the issues that came from prior proposals rushing
> a vote, I'd like to see [VOTE] thread to exist for at least a week....

I don't think letting the vote drag on purpose is useful - after
almost a week of discussions it seems like all the (minor) issues that
have not come to closure need to be discussed once the podling is
established. A longer vote would be counterproductive w.r.t these
issues.

So unless new issues come up once the vote starts (which would be bad
- that's why we have a DISCUSS phase) I would very much like to close
the vote after the standard 72 hours.

-Bertrand