incubator-general mailing list archives

From Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacre...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [POLL] Using this list to discuss pTLP proposals, ok?
Date Mon, 23 Mar 2015 08:12:42 GMT
On Sun, Mar 22, 2015 at 8:27 PM, Alan D. Cabrera <list@toolazydogs.com> wrote:
> ...The mailing lists derive their power from being focused on specific topics....

I disagree, our mailing lists are focused on *communities*, not topics.

> ...With that said, pTLP and direct-to-TLP issues have no business being on the
> Incubator lists since they are not under the purvey of the Incubator....

I also disagree ;-)

The Incubator community, on which this list is focused, has experience
handling the formation of podlings and their graduation. Creating a
TLP without incubating shares a lot of steps and concerns which those
operations, so discussing that here makes perfect sense.

-Bertrand