incubator-general mailing list archives

From Marvin Humphrey <mar...@rectangular.com>
Subject Re: [RESULT] WAS Re: [VOTE] Accept CommonsRDF into the Apache Incubator
Date Thu, 05 Mar 2015 12:06:39 GMT
On Wed, Mar 4, 2015 at 10:53 PM, jan i <jani@apache.org> wrote:
> On Thursday, March 5, 2015, Lewis John Mcgibbney <lewis.mcgibbney@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi general@,
>>
>> I am bringing this VOTE a a close. We have the following RESULT to report.
>>
>> [13] +1 I am happy with Commons RDF entering incubation
>> Alan D. Cabrera
>> Chris Mattmann*
>> Benedikt Ritter
>> Lewis J. McGibbney*
>> John D. Ament (Gary is now on board as mentor)
>> Rob Vesse
>> Hadrian Zbarcea
>> Sergio Fernández
>> Henry Saputra*
>> Jan Iversen
>
> I am IPMC too.

That doesn't change the result, and surely no disrespect was intended.
Please let it slide.

It's a pain for a human to get the binding/non-binding counts right
for vote by a large PMC -- there's really no option but to check each
name against the PMC roster. So long as the vote is unanimous and the
tallyer has confirmed that we're well past threshold, the precise
numbers don't matter; if it's close, we can always check more
carefully.

It's an inexact method, but sufficient -- like parliamentary voice voting.

Marvin Humphrey