incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Alan D. Cabrera" <l...@toolazydogs.com>
Subject Re: [POLL] Using this list to discuss pTLP proposals, ok?
Date Sun, 22 Mar 2015 19:27:43 GMT

> On Mar 22, 2015, at 9:32 AM, Marvin Humphrey <marvin@rectangular.com> wrote:
>
> My preference would be to ask pTLP advocates "which public list" they want to
> use.  Creating a new public mailing list is an option, though the low
> visibility of a new list makes such an option less than ideal and the usual
> arguments against Yet Another Mailing List apply.  As far as I am concerned,
> they would be welcome to use general@incubator if that's their choice.  Maybe
> dev@community would be OK though I would be surprised if the ComDev PMC were
> amenable.

The mailing lists derive their power from being focused on specific topics.  They relieve
the subscribers from having to troll through voluminous amounts of mail to find those threads
that are meaningful and relevant to them.

With that said, pTLP and direct-to-TLP issues have no business being on the Incubator lists
since they are not under the purvey of the Incubator.  Using the same reasoning, pTLP and
direct-to-TLP issues have no business being on the ComDev lists since they are not under the
purvey of ComDev.

It’s the 21st century and making, managing, subscribing, etc, mailing lists is no big deal.
 I propose that we create a list called percolator@apache.org for the purposes of shepherding
all manner of “out of band” items such as pTLPs, direct-to-TLPs, future revolutions, etc.

Regards,
Alan