incubator-general mailing list archives

From "P. Taylor Goetz" <ptgo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: IP Clearance Questions
Date Mon, 16 Mar 2015 23:29:44 GMT
Thanks for the clarification, Ross. That's what I figured.

In terms of the source drop, it's been attached to the associated JIRA, and the SHA1 is in
the yet-to-be-submitted ip clearance XML, and should be in the grant as well. My guess is
that MIGHT suffice in terms of it being documented in ASF-controlled systems.

I'd like to hear if the incubator drop area has been moved, or deprecated in favor of an alternative
process. Either way, we should think about updating the template/docs to reflect the current
process.

-Taylor

> On Mar 16, 2015, at 3:36 PM, Ross Gardler (MS OPEN TECH) <Ross.Gardler@microsoft.com>
wrote:

> 1. CCLA is never used instead of an SGA, they serve different purposes. The SGA is for
a body of work that pre-exists entry into the foundation. The CCLA is an optional document
that says future work by named individuals can be contributed.

> 2. Yes (although secretary tries his best to CC the appropriate people on his replies)
>
> 3. Yes
>
> 4. Pass - so I'll repeat the question for others - The incubator drop area [3] doesn't
seem to exist. Where should I commit the tarball once everything else is in order?

> Microsoft Open Technologies, Inc.
> A subsidiary of Microsoft Corporation

have a few questions (forgive me if they are stupid, this is my first time through the process):

> Based on the IP clearance template documentation [1]:
>
> 1. When should a CCLA be used as opposed to a grant [2]?
> 2. How do I verify that a grant or ccla has been acknowledged by the ASF Secretary? Poll
the grants.txt/cclas.txt files for changes?