incubator-general mailing list archives

From "P. Taylor Goetz" <ptgo...@gmail.com>
Subject IP Clearance Questions
Date Mon, 16 Mar 2015 19:20:23 GMT
I’m working on filling out the necessary IP Clearance paperwork for code donation and have
a few questions (forgive me if they are stupid, this is my first time through the process):

Based on the IP clearance template documentation [1]:

1. When should a CCLA be used as opposed to a grant [2]?
2. How do I verify that a grant or ccla has been acknowledged by the ASF Secretary? Poll the
grants.txt/cclas.txt files for changes?
3. I assume I don’t commit anything until the grant/ccla has been acknowledged. Is this
correct?
4. The incubator drop area [3] doesn’t seem to exist. Where should I commit the tarball
once everything else is in order?

Thanks in advance,

-Taylor

[1] http://incubator.apache.org/ip-clearance/ip-clearance-template.html