incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Sally Khudairi" <sallykhuda...@yahoo.com.INVALID>
Subject Re: Do we need @ASFIncubator ?
Date Tue, 24 Mar 2015 11:17:03 GMT
Thanks, Joe.

That is correct: we did issue a very brief blog post when Groovy was submitted to the Incubator,
primarily to explain what incubation meant.

There are two other occasions where this had happened: the first was for Subversion five years
ago; the other was OpenOffice. Again, done in the rare instances where a well-established
technology and community are coming to the ASF.

I think having a Twitter handle for incubating projects would be great. Personally I prefer
@ApacheIncubator, but that's clearly not a show-stopper.

I appreciate you including us in the dialogue!

Warm regards,
Sally

[From the mobile; please excuse top-posting, spelling/spacing errors, and brevity]

----- Reply message -----
From: "Joe Brockmeier" <jzb@zonker.net>
To: <general@incubator.apache.org>
Cc: <press@apache.org>
Subject: Do we need @ASFIncubator ?
Date: Tue, Mar 24, 2015 05:17

On Tue, Mar 24, 2015, at 03:53 AM, Romain Manni-Bucau wrote:
> +1 to keep @TheASF, will avoid noise or misunderstanding when a project
> is graduated + for general announcements it is more consistent.

CC'ing press@

If I am not mistaken, we don't promote incubator releases, etc. from
@TheASF as they are not yet TLPs. (Just as we do not issue press
releases for them or do "official" press / marketing services for
podlings until they graduate.)

So - @ASFIncubator may be a good way to promote those projects until
they're official.

(Though I note we did tweet about Groovy entering/being proposed to the
Incubator here: https://twitter.com/TheASF/status/575747253190725632)