incubator-general mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lécharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: ICLA/CCLA/SGA guidelines for GitHub or multi-entity projects was: [Groovy] Next steps...
Date Thu, 26 Mar 2015 13:31:18 GMT
I think we are going a bit too far here.

Groovy has been under the AL 2.0 license since it moves from BSD (back
in 2003). AL 2.0 says :

" Subject to the terms and conditions of this License, each Contributor
hereby grants to You a perpetual, worldwide, non-exclusive, no-charge,
royalty-free, irrevocable copyright license to reproduce, prepare
Derivative Works of, publicly display, publicly perform, sublicense, and
distribute the Work and such Derivative Works in Source or Object form."

My understanding is that any groovy contributor, including the 5 initial
commiters, can grant the existing code base to The ASF, per the AL 2.0
license.