incubator-general mailing list archives

From Jochen Theodorou <blackd...@gmx.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Groovy Incubation proposal
Date Thu, 12 Mar 2015 17:02:35 GMT
Am 12.03.2015 17:21, schrieb Ted Dunning:
> On Thu, Mar 12, 2015 at 4:04 AM, Jochen Wiedmann <jochen.wiedmann@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>>    * several writers of documentation (without committer privileges)
>>    * one or two creators of graphics (icons, or whatever, without
>> committer privileges)
>>    * one or more organizations providing hosting services, and the like
>
> This is a good list.  But I take strong issue with the "without committer
> privileges" part.
>
> If somebody is contributing, make them committers.  Expect them to be
> responsible about what they commit and follow whatever process there is.

If talk about say 10 commits within 3 months, sure. Just does not happen
for 90% of the contributors. Many work on a project at their workplace
and once the problem the have faced is solved they walk away again.

bye Jochen

--
Jochen "blackdrag" Theodorou - Groovy Project Tech Lead
german groovy discussion newsgroup: de.comp.lang.misc