incubator-general mailing list archives

From Jochen Theodorou <blackd...@gmx.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Groovy Incubation proposal
Date Thu, 12 Mar 2015 12:06:27 GMT
Am 12.03.2015 12:04, schrieb Jochen Wiedmann:
> Hello, Jochen,
>
> On Thu, Mar 12, 2015 at 11:14 AM, Jochen Theodorou
>
>> community equals committers?
>
> No. The community is more than the team of committers. I'm sure you
> understand. OTOH, the set of committers can be considered a
> representation of the community.
>
> I am quite certain, most Incubator members would accept a project to
> have a "vibrant community", if the project could show, for example,
>
>    * several writers of documentation (without committer privileges)
>    * one or two creators of graphics (icons, or whatever, without
> committer privileges)
>    * one or more organizations providing hosting services, and the like
>
> assuming them to be independent of each other. However, that would be
> most unusual for an Apache project: In most cases, the committers are
> the active project contributors.

for example:
https://github.com/groovy/groovy-website/graphs/contributors
groovy-website is currently the stuff shown at groovy-lang.org That
shows 23 contributors without commit rights in something that does not
even exist for a year.

bye Jochen

--
Jochen "blackdrag" Theodorou - Groovy Project Tech Lead
german groovy discussion newsgroup: de.comp.lang.misc