incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Dennis E. Hamilton" <dennis.hamil...@acm.org>
Subject RE: [POLL] Using this list to discuss pTLP proposals, ok?
Date Mon, 23 Mar 2015 16:17:49 GMT
Oh.  I confused myself.  The POLL is about the processing of proposals to create pTLPs, and
I was thinking about the creation of procedures for the processing of proposals to create
pTLPs.  I think the first is fine, right here where it has been.

It might be strange for a pTLP proposal to be refined and then acceptance to be voted (i.e.,
on a project definition to be forwarded to the board) on general-incubator.  I have lost track
of the remit for IPMC though.

So,

+0.5 on using this list,

With some clear demarcation and agreement on forwarding of a recommendation to the Board possibly
having quite a different procedure.  Determining that incubation is preferable might also
be an exit from that procedure, although I think that would become known as the project proposal
is worked on and reviewed.

 - Dennis

-----Original Message-----
From: Bertrand Delacretaz [mailto:bdelacretaz@apache.org]
Sent: Monday, March 23, 2015 01:13
To: Incubator General
Subject: Re: [POLL] Using this list to discuss pTLP proposals, ok?

On Sun, Mar 22, 2015 at 8:27 PM, Alan D. Cabrera <list@toolazydogs.com> wrote:
> ...The mailing lists derive their power from being focused on specific topics....

I disagree, our mailing lists are focused on *communities*, not topics.

> ...With that said, pTLP and direct-to-TLP issues have no business being on the
> Incubator lists since they are not under the purvey of the Incubator....

I also disagree ;-)

The Incubator community, on which this list is focused, has experience
handling the formation of podlings and their graduation. Creating a
TLP without incubating shares a lot of steps and concerns which those
operations, so discussing that here makes perfect sense.

-Bertrand