incubator-general mailing list archives

From Steve Loughran <ste...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Slider 0.61.0-incubating
Date Mon, 09 Feb 2015 15:51:26 GMT

On 9 February 2015 at 14:02:49, Justin Mclean (justin@classsoftware.com<mailto:justin@classsoftware.com>)
wrote:

HI,

> Would it be OK if we addressed all of the issues in that release? You've identified them,
which will make checking them easy. And as we plan to get that out by the end of the month,
it won't be long before the "latest" release is considered all lined up.

Up to you really as you have enough +1 votes to make this an official release.

Let's see what the others say. As I said, I'd like to get this out the door as-is for compatibility
with the source only version shipped; then I can focus on a new-feature-release 0.70-inc which
will have cut back on the .py source tree enough to eliminate all these issues

> We're not actually bundling accumulo, it's just in the source for anyone to build a deployable
package of that or HBase.

How is that different from bundling?

we didn't include any of the accumulo artifacts in the binary release; the source release
contains enough stuff + instructions to walk someone through that part of the build.

> Accordingly, I don't think this is an issue.

Again up to you but IMO it's important that LICENCE and NOTICE reflect what is in the source
package.

thanks,

steve