incubator-general mailing list archives

From Shane Curcuru <...@shanecurcuru.org>
Subject Re: Podling Name Searches
Date Tue, 24 Feb 2015 22:17:24 GMT
Yes, you still need to do a podling name search.  Hopefully that will
show that the existing name is already good to start with and doesn't
conflict with other, pre-existing similar software products.

If the community intends to keep the name, we need a clear donation of
the trademark itself from the current holder.  Ask on trademarks@ once
you are ready to start.  Registered trademarks can be transferred with a
pretty basic legal document that Apache counsel can provide if needed;
the existing owner merely needs to sign, we do the rest of the legal
transfer for a registration.

- Shane