incubator-general mailing list archives

From Sergio Fernández <wik...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Commons RDF to join the Apache Incubator
Date Wed, 11 Feb 2015 15:29:46 GMT
On 11/02/15 05:03, Marvin Humphrey wrote:
>>> The Champion's main work is to help formulate the proposal.  That work
>>> is essentially done -- so it doesn't matter too much who takes that
>>> role, now.  Are Andy and Reto opting out out as a gesture of openness
>>> to Sesame?
>>
>> Sergio has effectively been the Champion for this proposal, but I guess
>> he's not technically admissible as the Champion needs to be a Member or
>> Director.
>
> It's not uncommon for someone other than the Champion to do most of the
> hard work of drawing up the proposal, honestly.

Lewis John McGibbney (lewismc) has accepted and signed off as our
Champion :-)

https://wiki.apache.org/incubator/CommonsRDF#Champion

We already have two mentors: Benedikt Ritter (britter) and Rob Vesse
(rvesse). For Rob everything is fine. But Benedikt recently joined
incubator on behalf Commons because this proposal, and he would need to
join the IPMC for actually act as a mentor.

In the meantime we short this off, we can stay looking for a third
mentor, although not blocking us to move forward.

Thanks all of you guys for your support to this proposal!

--
Sergio Fernández
Partner Technology Manager