incubator-general mailing list archives

From Andy Seaborne <a...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Commons RDF to join the Apache Incubator
Date Wed, 11 Feb 2015 10:29:28 GMT
On 11/02/15 10:02, Rob Vesse wrote:
> Marvin
>
> Yes I would be willing to be a mentor for this podling if there isn't
> sufficient volunteers and they would be willing to have me

Thank you - added! (before you change your mind :-))

> I agree that there is a tendency then to make the podling Jena heavy but I
> have had zero involvement in the Commons RDF effort to date and the API
> they are talking about currently is at a level of a stack that I have
> historically contributed nothing to nor do I particularly use so hopefully
> I would be seen as relatively neutral.  To be honest I wouldn't have the
> bandwidth to get actively involved in the code & design) efforts (nor do I
> particularly want to) and thus would only want to be a mentor.

Understood.

> As you said this would probably be a relatively easy mentoring gig with
> most of the effort being around just keeping an eye on the community to
> sign off and comment on reports and to review release as and when they
> come around.

I hope you'll bring in your experience from other projects, inside and
outside Apache.

 > On 10/02/2015 20:31, "Marvin Humphrey" <marvin@rectangular.com> wrote:
(sorry to chop but it's a long way down)
 >> The Champion's main work is to help formulate the proposal.  That
 >> work is essentially done -- so it doesn't matter too much who takes
 >> that role, now.

Ack.

 >> Are Andy and Reto opting out out as a gesture of openness to Sesame?

Sergio has done a great job of pulling the proposal together.

I have a one-podling-at-a-time policy and Taverna is already filling the
slot.

In my experience, champion also gets involved in the initial bootstrap
tasks, and in this case I would hope we can easily share those tasks around.

	Andy