incubator-general mailing list archives

From Sergio Fernández <wik...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Commons RDF to join the Apache Incubator
Date Wed, 11 Feb 2015 08:28:19 GMT
Hi,

On 11/02/15 05:03, Marvin Humphrey wrote:
> How good a fit is this project for Commons?  Is it similar in scope and
> size to other Commons components?  Any comments from current members of
> the Commons community?  Should we be concerned about potential "umbrella
> project" issues, such as degrading signal-to-noise ratio on the Commons
> lists?

We already discussed that at dev@commons.a.o. Commons does not want to
be an umbrella project, and I completely agree on that. But we cannot
(yet) consider Commons RDF as a component that fits there (or sandbox),
since we have to grow the community and evolve the design before been
prepared to be there.

> Peter, who I see is active in Sesame, indicates that either Reto or Andy
> would be acceptable.  If it would suit the community to have an outsider
> Champion, though, I'm willing to serve.

Personally I'd prefer an outsider. The larger representation of Apache
Commons here (either as Champion or Mentors) the better for the success
of the proposal.

>> We were hoping to also get some "RDF neutral" mentors.

+++1

Thanks for the very good feedback, Marvin.

--
Sergio Fernández
Partner Technology Manager