incubator-general mailing list archives

From Justin Mclean <justinmcl...@me.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Slider 0.61.0-incubating
Date Sun, 08 Feb 2015 03:55:10 GMT
Hi,

Sorry but it's -1  binding from me. Willing to change my vote if other incubator members think
these issues are OK for this release and/or corrective action is taken for the next release.

All source files have headers and there no unexpected binaries but looks to be be a few license
and notice issues:

First off I think this needs to be double checked:
./slider-agent/src/main/python/kazoo/tests/util.py

The first line says it's Apache licensed, but the header says it ZPL licensed, which looks
like BSD so should be included in LICENSE.

The product looks to be bundling Apache Accumulo but is missing information from it's NOTICE
file:
See /app-packages/accumulo/NOTICE.txt (or perhaps https://github.com/apache/accumulo/blob/master/NOTICE
?)

LICENSE also missing BSD licence for RealWorldish Benchmark
vi ./slider-agent/src/main/python/jinja2/examples/rwbench/rwbench.py

I also notice that this file ./slider-agent/src/main/python/jinja2/docs/_templates/layout.html
contains "Copyright 2010 by the Pocoo Team". Should that also be in LICENSE?

There are also several "Copyright 2008 by I don't know who." in .html files is that a concern?
./slider-agent/src/main/python/jinja2/examples/rwbench/django/layout.html
./slider-agent/src/main/python/jinja2/examples/rwbench/genshi/layout.html
./slider-agent/src/main/python/jinja2/examples/rwbench/jinja/layout.html
./slider-agent/src/main/python/jinja2/examples/rwbench/mako/layout.html

The year in NOTICE is also incorrect.

Thanks,
Justin