incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Alan D. Cabrera" <l...@toolazydogs.com>
Subject Re: my pTLP view
Date Tue, 27 Jan 2015 14:38:00 GMT

> On Jan 27, 2015, at 12:31 AM, Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacretaz@apache.org> wrote:
>
> On Mon, Jan 26, 2015 at 7:09 PM, Alan D. Cabrera <list@toolazydogs.com> wrote:
>> ...- do away w/ the pTLP name, just make it a regular TLP...
>
> I don't like that, IMO pTLPs have to be explicitly flagged, to make
> sure both users and Apache folks are aware of their "immaturity".

I had considered that.  What I was thinking was that what ever specific concerns there can
be for the pTLP also apply to a mature TLP.  Having various “profiles” that apply to projects
can provide a finer degree of visibility.  To be sure every project has its nuances and some
will be exceptionally unusual, but those will already be on the board’s “radar”.

In short, the pTLP designation is a bit too opaque.  Anyway, that’s what I was thinking.

Regards,
Alan