incubator-general mailing list archives

From Henry Saputra <henry.sapu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: proposal: mentor re-boot
Date Wed, 07 Jan 2015 21:45:11 GMT
One wording that could confuse people:
"after which they are removed from the PMC unless they are committers."

If someone already a PMC, he or she is also a committer. In ASF a
committer is someone who can commit code into the repository.

If a mentor asked to stay as PMC after graduation just for the sake of
continue mentoring, I am not sure how can the community ask the mentor
to leave the PMC because he/ she is by default a committer.

- Henry

On Wed, Jan 7, 2015 at 9:42 AM, Alan D. Cabrera <list@toolazydogs.com> wrote:
> I’ve written up a more comprehensive proposal that would not only hold mentors accountable
but also give them a fair bit of autonomous authority during releases.

> https://wiki.apache.org/incubator/MentorRebootProposal <https://wiki.apache.org/incubator/MentorRebootProposal>
>
> What we would gain is transparency and simplicity.  There would be no false expectations.
 Podlings would know where they stand.  Work would be equitably distributed.