incubator-general mailing list archives

From Ted Dunning <ted.dunn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Solicitation for IPMC Chair nomination
Date Tue, 27 Jan 2015 20:19:44 GMT
Thanks to the Kylin guys for their support.  And to Marvin.  And Roman.

I have spent a lot of time considering and have decided that I will accept
this nomination. The source of my reticence is that if I take on this
responsibility, I will have to become part of the missing-mentor problem
and pull back from some of the mentorship work that I am doing.

My feeling is that this won't be a huge problem. In all of the projects I
am helping now, there are other active mentors and most of the projects are
maturing rapidly (like Calcite) or have graduated (like Flink). Henry is on
some of the new projects and Roman is on another so they all seem to be in
good hands.

So,

I would be happy and enthusiastic to help by working with the Incubator
project in this role.