incubator-general mailing list archives

From Billie Rinaldi <bil...@apache.org>
Subject Clarification on adding a new PPMC member
Date Thu, 15 Jan 2015 19:53:36 GMT
Recent edits to [1] have made the process of adding a PPMC member
confusing.  Previously, the instructions said to 1) forward the initial
vote message to the IPMC, 2) invite the member upon a successful vote, and
3) send a note to the IPMC announcing the new member with the message ID of
the vote result.

Now the page also says there is a 72 hour waiting period before you can
invite the member.  This doesn't make sense, because the instructions say
to send the vote result to the IPMC _after_ inviting the member.

Is the addition of the waiting period correct?  If so, we should change the
instructions to have a clear ordering: forward initial vote, forward vote
result, wait 72 hours, invite the new member.  I'll be happy to make the
changes to the instructions, but I want to make sure I'm clarifying them
correctly.

[1]: http://incubator.apache.org/guides/ppmc.html