incubator-general mailing list archives

From Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacre...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache NiFI 0.0.1-incubating
Date Thu, 29 Jan 2015 12:38:59 GMT
On Thu, Jan 29, 2015 at 12:40 AM, Benson Margulies
<bimargulies@gmail.com> wrote:
> ...We run the release plugin, it
> produces the 'official source release' bundle which is cited in the
> vote, and it also stages the binaries...

FWIW Sling does the same thing as per
http://sling.apache.org/documentation/development/release-management.html

> ...Maybe the correct response is, 'You don't look
> at binary files. The only thing up for a vote is the official source
> release bundle referenced specifically in the vote email....

I agree with that, and I always include the filename and digest of
just the relevant source archive  my Sling release votes , to make it
clear that this is what my vote is about.

-Bertrand