incubator-general mailing list archives

From Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacre...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Podlings should be in charge of their mentors (was: Incubator report sign-off)
Date Mon, 05 Jan 2015 18:05:41 GMT
On Mon, Jan 5, 2015 at 6:36 PM, jan i <jani@apache.org> wrote:
> ...I like this idea, except putting the full responsibility of finding new
> mentors on the shoulders of the...

The Incubator PMC would help of course, but it's the podling who's in
charge of asking for mentors, in the same way as when they enter
incubation.

> ...In order to stay "safe" this requires at least 3 mentors at all times in
> order not to block the podling...

When we say "active mentors" it doesn't mean the mentor has to be here
today, replying to email within two minutes...just that they are
generally around and helping. So two active mentors is just that.

-Bertrand