incubator-general mailing list archives

From Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacre...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Podlings should be in charge of their mentors (was: Incubator report sign-off)
Date Mon, 05 Jan 2015 17:27:50 GMT
On Mon, Jan 5, 2015 at 6:21 PM, Roman Shaposhnik <roman@shaposhnik.org> wrote:
> ...What's difficult is the part
> that would require us to do something with poddlings put
> on hold. Unless we come up with clear exit criteria for
> this new state -- I don't think we're solving any real problems
> here....

A podling that's on hold is not adding committers nor making releases,
so they cannot make progress towards graduation.

They can then be managed in the same way as non-progressing podlings:
fail them if that state persists for too long. That's a minimal change
from how we're operating now.

-Bertrand