incubator-general mailing list archives

From Roman Shaposhnik <ro...@shaposhnik.org>
Subject Re: Next steps for various proposals (mentor re-boot, pTLP, etc.)
Date Mon, 19 Jan 2015 21:55:46 GMT
On Fri, Jan 16, 2015 at 3:04 PM, Ross Gardler (MS OPEN TECH)
<Ross.Gardler@microsoft.com> wrote:
> Or we could just do it
>
> We debated plenty. Three proposals came out of it (two if you look at mine as the strawman
it was intended to be).

As a matter of fact, while editing yours (sorry, I took the liberty) and leaving
feedback for Alan's I felt like they were pretty close in spirit, with
yours going
all the way to make podlings behave as close to TLPs as possible while
still not overwhelming the board.

> Those proposals are not mutually exclusive.
>
> I say record them in the wiki. Run them for a while. Then compare against the problems
> document we drew up a couple of years back and see how effective they are.

That's the plan.

Thanks,
Roman.