incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Ross Gardler (MS OPEN TECH)" <Ross.Gard...@microsoft.com>
Subject RE: Next steps for various proposals (mentor re-boot, pTLP, etc.)
Date Wed, 14 Jan 2015 17:19:32 GMT
Thank you for volunteering to wikify my proposal - I appreciate it.

Ross

Microsoft Open Technologies, Inc.
A subsidiary of Microsoft Corporation

-----Original Message-----
From: shaposhnik@gmail.com [mailto:shaposhnik@gmail.com] On Behalf Of Roman Shaposhnik
Sent: Wednesday, January 14, 2015 8:48 AM
To: general@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Next steps for various proposals (mentor re-boot, pTLP, etc.)

Hi!

at this point we have had a few lively threads discussing three somewhat different proposals:
   #1 mentor re-boot
   #2 pTLP
   #3 Ross's strawman http://s.apache.org/8eS it feels to me that all three need additional
work to be done before we can have any reasonable consensus around them (let alone voting).

Wearing my chair hat, I would like to suggest that the next step should be: for each proposal
we identify points that are going to block consensus (AKA would result in -1 vote if it comes
to a vote). I suggest we do it on the wiki pages themselves (I'll wikify Ross's proposal tonight).
Not editing the wikis but simply collecting this feedback as the last section in each proposal.
The idea would be to identify all such points in a week or so.

Sounds good?

Thanks,
Roman.