incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Ross Gardler (MS OPEN TECH)" <Ross.Gard...@microsoft.com>
Subject RE: What is "The Apache Way"?
Date Thu, 08 Jan 2015 19:55:23 GMT
Years ago I started creating a "signpost" site over on http://community.apache.org which was
intended provide a simplified gateway to our copious documents that describe the Apache Way
in all its glory. Since then a few people have contributed to it. Our goal is to keep it simple,
leave the details elsewhere but have the headlines on that site. We've been mostly successful
in this. Unfortunately it is probably one of our best kept secrets.

On this site you will find things like: http://community.apache.org/projectIndependence.html
this document starts with "While not all aspects of the Apache Way are practiced the same
way by all projects at the ASF, there are a number of rules and policies that Apache projects
are required to follow – things like complying with PMC release voting, legal policy, brand
policy, using mailing lists, etc., which are documented in various places." (note the second
sentence has 5 links, the rest of the document has some explanatory text and copious links).

•Open Innovation in The Apache Software Foundation
•Writing and Distributing Software "The Apache Way"
•The Apache Software Foundation: No Jerks Allowed!
•Putting It Together
•An Overview of The Apache Software Foundation
•Community Development at the ASF
•The Apache Way and OpenOffice.org
•Communities and Collaboration
•Open Source Collaboration Tools are good for you
•Life in Open Source Communities
•Open Source enables Open Innovation
•About: Apache - The Foundation, The Way, The Projects
•Managing Community Open Source Brands

There is *loads* of stuff over there.

Ross