incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Alan D. Cabrera" <l...@toolazydogs.com>
Subject Re: proposal: mentor re-boot
Date Wed, 07 Jan 2015 22:21:59 GMT

> On Jan 7, 2015, at 1:45 PM, Henry Saputra <henry.saputra@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> One wording that could confuse people:
> "after which they are removed from the PMC unless they are committers."
>
> If someone already a PMC, he or she is also a committer. In ASF a
> committer is someone who can commit code into the repository.

Yes, that is how we currently setup committership but it doesn’t have to happen that way
for a podling.

> If a mentor asked to stay as PMC after graduation just for the sake of
> continue mentoring,

I think I account for that.

> I am not sure how can the community ask the mentor
> to leave the PMC because he/ she is by default a committer.

Again, being a committer by default is a description of what happens now.  It doesn’t have
to be that way and if it does then you are describing a problem with the tooling.

Regards,
Alan