incubator-general mailing list archives

From Chip Childers <chipchild...@apache.org>
Subject Re: proposal: mentor re-boot
Date Thu, 08 Jan 2015 19:17:14 GMT
On Thu, Jan 08, 2015 at 10:11:03AM -0800, Alan D. Cabrera wrote:

> > On Jan 8, 2015, at 10:06 AM, Ross Gardler (MS OPEN TECH) <Ross.Gardler@microsoft.com>
wrote:

> > +1
> >
> > All we care about is that the podling has an active mentor who knows when to ask
for support and gets that support when they need it.

> Following that statement to a logical conclusion, all podlings need to make a release
is for one mentor to +1 it.  That doesn’t match what we do today.

> How do you reconcile the minimum +1 voting requirement for releases we have to day with
what you state above?

> Or are you guys saying that the podling can do everything but release w/ one active mentor,
they need two to perform a release?

FWIW, three +1 votes don't have to come from mentors. They have to come
from IPMC members. Mentors are / should be the easiest way for a podling
to get IPMC votes.