incubator-general mailing list archives

From "John D. Ament" <johndam...@apache.org>
Subject [DISCUSS] How do podlings add new mentors?
Date Wed, 24 Dec 2014 17:31:17 GMT
I'm bringing this up based on some issue I saw with one podling trying to
add a new mentor to the project.

>From what I can tell on the incubator website, there is no description of
how a mentor gets added to a podling after its been added to the incubator.

During the proposal process, anyone can volunteer to mentor a podling.

I'd like to propose that a mentor should be able to join an existing
podling after volunteering and the PPMC of that podling agrees to it (via
lazy consensus).  No required general@ or private@i.a.o votes required.

How do others feel about this?

John