incubator-general mailing list archives

From Stephan Ewen <se...@apache.org>
Subject Release procedures for a newly graduated podling
Date Thu, 18 Dec 2014 11:24:16 GMT
Hello!

The Apache Flink project has just been graduated by the board (we are very
excited about this and celebrating today :-) ).

We are preparing a new release just now and are unsure which protocols to
follow, because we are somewhat in between incubation and TLP now (the
infrastructure is still set up for an incubator podling):

  - Should we follow the procedures of an incubator podling, where the IPMC
must approve the release, and all artifacts contain the "incubating"
keyword, the release the the DISCLAIMER file, ...?

  - Or should we drop the "incubating" keyword, DISCLAIMER not give the
release candidate to the IPMC for approval?

Thanks for helping us!

Greetings,
Stephan