incubator-general mailing list archives

From Ted Dunning <ted.dunn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Incubator report sign-off
Date Mon, 22 Dec 2014 17:08:51 GMT
I am down with this, but would really rather allow reports that have less
than all of the mentors signing off to be accepted.

Right now, I am involved in mentoring a new podling and at least one other
of the mentors has done literally nothing.  No email answers, no help
editing the proposal.  No setting up mailing lists.  I expect the level of
effort to be stable.

Sure, at some point, he ought to be booted from being a mentor.  But in the
meantime, we have two very active mentors who are busy helping the project
get going.  If we get two sign-offs, is it really necessary penalize the
podling?

I can see that after 3 reports with a missing mentor, it is reasonable to
boot the mentor if there is a safety net and I can see that having no
mentor sign-off is a serious problem for the podling in any case.  But
having *only* two mentors hardly seems like an emergency.