incubator-general mailing list archives

From Ted Dunning <ted.dunn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] [PROPOSAL] Zeppelin for Apache Incubator
Date Mon, 15 Dec 2014 06:18:38 GMT
On Sun, Dec 14, 2014 at 10:12 PM, Hyunsik Choi <hyunsik@apache.org> wrote:

> Could I be nominated as a mentor of Zeppelin? Even though I'm not a
> IPMC now, I asked to join IPMC few days ago.

I think I saw the NOTICE that you are joining fly by a day or so ago.  You
should consider yourself as good as a member of the IPMC at this point.

Also, I think that your experience with Tajo would be very useful to
Zeppelin.  In particular, since Tajo's intent is similar to many of the
Hadoop eco-system components while it's pedigree is very different, I think
that your viewpoint may be importantly different from the viewpoints of
those (like me) who may be too closely attached to the standard Hadoop
toolset.