incubator-general mailing list archives

From Matt Franklin <m.ben.frank...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Documentation of voting rules.
Date Tue, 02 Dec 2014 17:32:58 GMT
On Tue Dec 02 2014 at 12:25:33 PM Benson Margulies <bimargulies@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Apache PMCs, including the incubator PMC, operate by consensus except
> in a very small number of enumerated exceptional cases. So, the vote,
> I think, is a test of consensus. -1 votes block consensus until
> discussed to 0. There's no minimum number of +1 votes.

For releases, 3 +1s are a minimum.  The convention I have seen consistently
applied is that -1s only count as vetos on code commits.  There is no rule
that a -1 on a process or release vote constitutes a block; however, the
community *should* discuss the concerns of the dissenters and try to come
to better consensus.